Please, make sure that you scroll down to see all the updates:
Mark your calendars:
Summer at Ascension:
- A summer devotional is available for the months of July and August. This year's theme is Transition. Check the table in the Place of Welcome!
- Summer is the time when the church focuses on the teachings of Jesus, on mission, and discipleship. This year we will have guests joining us in our services and telling us about their mission, their passion for the neighbour, and their work in Edmonton.
On July 21 we will hear about the mission of E4C.
On August 18 ICPM will present on their work.
On September 15 we will learn about The Mustard Seed.
Please come and join us!
- Holden Evening Prayer in the Park
All are invited to join Lutherans from across the greater Edmonton area in sharing a monthly city-wide midweek service at Hawrelak Park (follow the signs!). We will be using the beautiful liturgy of Holden Evening Prayer, booklets will be provided.
- On July 17 at 9PM we gather for a Holden Evening Prayer for Nite Owls, and make smores afterwards.
- On August 21 at 7PM we meet for Holden Evening Prayer geared towards families. Those who would like to share a meal prior to the service are invited to come at 6PM BYOP (Bring Your Own Picnic) and enjoy a relaxing family outing.
We meet on Thursdays from 6-7:30ishPM, and learn about and discuss the texts of each upcoming Sunday. Everyone is welcome. Please, come and join us!
To all Tweeters at Ascension: you are encouraged to live-tweet during the sermon in worship at #AscensionYEG and share with the world what you hear as the good news! looking forward to the tweets.
What's happening in the Synod of ABT?